Visiting the Library During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As allowed by the province, the Library re-opened to the public on February 23, 2021. Our new, permanent hours are:
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1 pm-6 pm. Fridays & Saturdays, 10 am-2pm.
Service on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays will be doors-open.
Service on Saturdays will be curbside pick-up only until further notice.
Due to public health orders, we have returned to the same restrictions we had to follow last fall. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience these changes may cause. Please follow staff direction – we are doing our best to make the Library safe and welcoming.
- The Library can only admit five patrons at a time (or one family if there are more than five people). You may need to wait until staff give the OK. We encourage you to keep 2m (6 feet) apart from other patrons.
- When you enter the Library, please follow the arrows, instructions and signs posted on the floor. Hand sanitizer will be available just inside the door. All patrons are required to wear masks, as ordered by the Northwestern Health Unit.
- Returns and donations must go on the table at the front of the room. You will still check out your items at the main desk per usual. If you touch an item but do not want it, please leave it on one of the pink signs placed around the room. Do not re-shelve items.
- For now, the Library is unable to offer the following:
Children’s craft table Puppets and toys
- Inside the Library, please keep a minimum distance of 2m (6 feet) from staff and other patrons. This is for your safety and ours.
- Our free WiFi remains on, but we would ask you to use the WiFi outside the building.
- Curbside pick-up and books-by-mail services are available. Ask staff for help.
We are delighted to see you again! We would ask you to please keep your visit to 15 minutes or less, as we need to make sure everyone has a chance to use the Library.
All rules subject to change depending on orders from the Province of Ontario.
Rainy River Public Library
PO Box 308, Rainy River ON P0W 1L0 | email@example.com
www.rainyriverlibrary.com | Visit us on Facebook