The Rainy River Public Library Board requires a
Student Library Assistant
- Help the CEO design, implement and evaluate a reading and craft program for children
- Deliver age-appropriate program and craft activities
- Keep records of the program, including registrations
- Design and distribute promotional materials, both hardcopy and electronic
- Complete a full inventory of the Library collection
- Provide help to the CEO and Assistant Librarian with customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail
- Creative and inventive
- Must be outgoing and enjoy working with the public
ELIGIBILITY: This position is funded by the Government of Ontario’s Summer Experience Program. To be eligible, students must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution, or be within six months of graduation. The student must be an Ontario resident with a Social Insurance Number (SIN) between the ages of 15 and 25 (or 15 and 29 in the case of applicants with a disability).
HOURS: This is a contract position funded for 246.5 hours. The position will begin as soon as possible and finish no later than December 31, 2020. The Library is open Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Shifts will include both evenings and weekends and will be scheduled around school commitments.
WAGE: $14.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay.
To apply, please submit a resume, covering letter and proof of school enrolment by August 4, 2020, to: Michael Dawber, CEO/Librarian, Rainy River Public Library, Box 308, Rainy River ON P0W 1L0; Fax (please call first): 807.852.3375; email: email@example.com. While we thank all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.